Even though I have been super lacking in updating lately, imagine my surprise when the super sweet Michele over at Unboxing Beauty (http://beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com/), nomiated me for a Liebster Award!
Thanks to her informational post (as well as some additional Googling), I think the Liebster Award is a lovely award going around as it is focused on welcoming us newbies/those with a lesser following to the world of blogging! Here’s the official rules, as I have humbly accepted it 🙂
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!) *This seems to be a bit unclear, some rules say it can be up to 1,000 followers, so that’s what I am going to go with :P!
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
9. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
The 11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I sleep with 5 pillows in my bed. I like to be surrounded by them. This makes me a somewhat terrible person to share a bed with. Sorry future significant other!
2. I’ve been to 24 states and 10 countries, I want to travel more! Bring on all the traveling please. I’d love to fill up my passport many times over.
3. I can curse in Hebrew, Spanish, German, French, and some Yiddish.
4. I have lived in 4 different states and 2 international countries, my favorites being San Francisco, CA and Tel Aviv, Israel.
5. All of our family pets have been named after Grateful Dead songs. My parents are hippies.
6. I try, key word being try, to practice yoga and/or pilates daily.
7. I have an unhealthy amount of red lipsticks.
8. I can’t stop buying booties even though it’s 110 out.
9. Every single one of my electronic devices in an Apple product. iPhone, Macbook Air, iPad, iPod…Ooops.
10. I am getting so into indie makeup right now, it’s not even funny. Y’all gotta get ready for some major indie haul posts soon. Like so ready.
11. It’s taken me about 3 years to read the first Game of Thrones book.
The 11 Questions Michele Asked Me: *Dang she asked some good ones!!
1. What are your hobbies? Cooking! I love to cook. My dad used to be a personal chef, so it’s something we do to bond 🙂 That and drink wine together.
2. What do you value most in friendship? Loyalty, humor, and straight upness. I need a girl (or guy) that will be able to laugh with me but also be able to give me the truth when I need it the most. I am a Sagittarius so I tend not to sugar coat things, but it comes from the heart, I promise.
3. What era would you like to have lived in? After seeing American Hustle, I wanted to BE Amy Adams. It would have been glorious to be in the 70’s, Disco Queen-ing it up.
4. What is your favorite skin cleanser? I recently got a sample of Eve Lom’s cleanser and holy crap, it’s awesome. If only it wasn’t $50 for a tiny jar.
5. What item can you just not live without? Could be anything, doesn’t have to be beauty related. Cheesy, but my family and friends. They are keeping me sane. We’re going through a trying time right now (cancer can go eff off forever please) and I don’t even want to think about where I’d be without my closest girlfriends.
6. What have you done that you never thought you would be able to do? I never thought I’d be able to pack up my life and move to New York City and make it work on a measly salary for the 2 years I lived there. Also never thought I’d come back home and start my life over either, but here I am.
7. What are your favorite scents? My grandma’s banana cake cooking in the oven
8. If you could pick 3 items to bring to a deserted island, what would they be? Sunscreen, a solar powered computer (do those exist??), and Matthew McConaughey
9. Who is in your lifeboat? I feel like I’d want Oliver Queen from Green Arrow (heck, Stephen Amell even) because he already survived a shipwreck and island thing on his own.
10. What is your favorite book? Gahhh, toooo hard. I plead the fifth 😛
11. What was your nickname when you were a child? Haha, it was actually Smoothie because my skin has always been really soft and smooth!
My 11 Questions:
1. Why did you first decide to start blogging?
2. Who is your favorite person in the world?
3. What is your dream vacation?
4. If you could see any band ever, who would it be?
5. What is your number one Holy Grail item that everyone should know about?
6. What would the title of your memoir be?
7. If you could guest star in any TV show, which one would you want to go on?
8. Do you watch any YouTube beauty gurus, if so, any favorites?
9. Surprise, you just won an unlimited shopping spree, where would you go (non-beauty!)?
10. Any teacher you will always remember, why?
11. How do you feel about the ~power brow~?